Some older stuff...



First, the "Flying Fork" as requested by Kat:

The story of the Flying Fork is this, I was in the makeshift kitchen of my dorm room with my girls (it was March of Senior Year) and I hit a fork accidentally and it went flying.  Not that exciting, I know, but I get good reactions from the picture.


Next we'll have a Freudian picture:
Welcome to the Id, Ego, and Superego. The Id is death, the Ego is attracted to it, and the Superego (the part of you that is supposed to be socially acceptable/adjusted) is turning away from it. Freud was a scary guy.


Next we'll have one for Meg. It's all about how much you love the sacrifice:

Kierkegaard's Abraham and Isaac (Fear and Trembling and the Sickness Unto Death).


Don Quixote for me:

Modernity has sacrificed the purity of idealism to the reality of the age.


Here's one for American Lit fans:




And here's a tribute to the Winter:
Winter sunrises are the best. =]

Comments

  1. I really like how you did the "Freud" picture; it stopped and made me think, lol. It's like death is desperately and feebly trying to clutch and drag everything down to its own base level--which is obscured in smoke/fog, hiding its true nature and shutting out any life-giving "Light."

    Also, Don Quixote and the windmill ftw. "Modernity has sacrificed the purity of idealism to the reality of the age"; that's a perfect way of putting the lifeless and austere perspective that dominates modernity.

    & yes, thanks for the Abraham and Isaac drawing.

    -Laf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Freud would have a lot of fun with some of your pictures- such as the flying fork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Freud would have a field day with me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Walks Into a Bar...

The rattle of the bones, and chuckle spread from ear to ear. / A rat crept softly...

The Sad Truth