The Sad Truth

I have not been here in a while because, the sad truth is, I lost my sketchbook.  No idea where it went.  No, not quite... it could possibly be in NJ.  But in the meantime I have been building a wine and liquor cabinet.  Which is going to be EPIC when it is finished (if you don't look too closely at the finer details of its construction).  And also, so far this summer, I have read three whole books and finished two I was working on... which now that I think of it is decidedly too few as we are already at the end of the middle of June. 

Oh, and also in the absence of my sketchbook, I have done a tad bit of painting.  Here is one: a lovely sunset.


Mostly though, I have been working my summer away -- 20 hours at my internship and 20 at work.  Factor in for.EV.er. for my commute and that has been most of my life since school got out.  That and apartment hunting.  Looking for a house is the tenth level of the Inferno.  I have gotten so desperate that I have succumbed to the age-old tradition of sticking St. Joe on his head.  Except I'm not trying to sell a house and I can't very well bury him on the property I want, so I stuck him in the pot with my aloe plant.  It's true: I am not terribly attentive to the particular details of superstitious practices.  I figure dirt is dirt and he gets the idea.  Right?

Well we shall see...

Comments

  1. Yeah, well, there ya go...you just texted me that you found the house of your dreams. So perhaps he IS coming through for you with the aloe-plant-dirt! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you don't even know!! If we get this house, my future self will be forever envious of my current self, since future self will never have a house as nice as this, even if future self suddenly became ridiculously rich. It is GORGEOUS.

    ...

    But all things in moderation. I refrain from getting my hopes up.

    ...

    But I did occupy a solid hour of St. Joseph's time begging him to help us get this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also, today is the ninth day since I put his statue in the dirt so...

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Walks Into a Bar...

The rattle of the bones, and chuckle spread from ear to ear. / A rat crept softly...