The Return of Puck

So last year just seconds before the accident Puck dove down deep into the Id and did not show his face for months. Actually, did not show his face until just the other week.  He has always preferred to make his presence known when my frontal lobe is somehow compromised, and the head-cold I was suffering from, coupled with lots of cough medicine, provided him a lovely opportunity to re-visit the consciousness. And revisit he did.  (Now I can't get rid of him.) This is the story of his re-emergence.

So I was sick. And sleeping. It was between 6 and 630 AM:

My alarm was going to go off any minute, and Puck decided to check the bathroom for me to see if it was free or occupied...
Sneaking out of my room

Yup. Gina's in there already. Shower's going!
So then he came back and told me about it....


Now, when I woke up to my alarm clock, my first groggy thought of the morning was, "Hey, I checked already, Gina's in there... I'm going back to sleep." And I turned my phone off and prepared to do just that. And then Reason waded through cold symptoms and the remnants of NyQuil and said, "Hey.... hey you... you haven't moved from this position in over an hour... how could you have gotten up to check if the bathroom was open?"  I resisted staunchly: "I don't know. But I did. Gina's in there." Reason, handicapped as he might have been, was not put off. "No. You did not. GET. UP. You have class this morning. C'mon. Out of bed. NOW."

And so I resentfully pulled myself out of bed.

And gathered my clothes for after my shower.

And trudged out of my room and down the hall...

You've got to be kidding.
Oh... he wasn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Walks Into a Bar...

The rattle of the bones, and chuckle spread from ear to ear. / A rat crept softly...

The Sad Truth